Motorola launched a trio of G4 series including Moto G4, G4 Plus, and G4 Play, back in August 2016. Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus received their updates last year at the end of November. Finally, the company decided to update the G4 Play with the Android version 7.1.1 Nougat.
Moto G4 Play was launched with the Android version 6.0.1 Marshmellow onboard. But, now, the users will be able to update the firmware by June 2018. Although, you can check the if the updates are available or not in your phone’s settings option.
At the time of launch, Motorola promised that Moto G4, G4 Plus, and G4 play will be updated with the Oreo (8.0). But then they revealed that only Moto G4 Plus will receive the updates for Oreo. Now, in this section, we will tell you, how you can upgrade your Moto G4 Play with 7.1.1 Nougat firmware.Update Mi A1 with the Android 8.0 (Ore)
How to update Moto G4 Play with Android 7.1.1 Nougat?
If you want to upgrade your Moto G4 Play from 6.0.1 Marshmellow to 7.1.1 Nougat through OTA, follow these simple steps:
- First of all, go to your phone’s “Settings” menu
- Scroll down and tap on the “About phone” option here
- After that, you will see “Software update” option on the redirected page, tap on that
If you don’t see any update option, don’t need to worry. Usually, the updates roll out in stages so there will be many users like you who haven’t received the update notifications.Meizu 15 plus: First phone with the pure bezel less design
Keep in Mind
- The update size is about 900 MB so you should have at least 1.5 GB data in your phone.
- Make sure the phone is set on 3G/ 4G settings and during updation, do not press any key or do not open any other options
- During the process, the phone may restart several times or heat up
- Make sure the battery percentage on your phone is more than 50%
New Features After The Updates
- The members who have received the updates claim that Android 7.1.1 Nougat includes November security patch.
- Minor bugs fixes
- Smooth and many cameras updates
Motorola devices getting Oreo Updates
It is worth mentioning that, there are some of the Moto devices getting Android version 8.0 (Oreo) updates. There is a list of 12 phones who will get the new software updates
- Moto Z
- Moto Z Droid
- Moto Z Force Droid
- Moto Z Play
- Moto Z Play Droid
- Moto Z2 Play
- Moto Z2 Force Edition
- Moto X4
- Moto G5
- Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5S
- Moto G5S Plus.
Guys, if you find this post helpful or have any suggestion or question regarding the same, let us know in the comment section below. Do stay tuned with onepromocode.com for further updates