After waiting for almost 4 months, Xiaomi Mi A1 is finally getting Android Version 8.0 (Oreo). The phone was launched in September 2017 under the Google One Android Program. At that time, the phone was launched with 7.1.2 (Nougat) Android version. The company claimed that Mi A1 will receive its official update at the end of December 2017. And now, the moment is finally here.
It is worth noticing that the new updates are arriving under the “Over-the-Air” program. According to the Xiaomi’s officials report (updated on MIUI forum), Xiaomi Mi A1 is the first Mi series device getting these updates. This is a dual camera phone which runs on pure Google firmware. Usually, all Xiaomi mobiles run on MIUI OS but this not the case in Mi A1 as it’s an Android one device.
Now, in this section, we will tell you, how to update your Mi A1 phone with the latest version, what are the new features you will get & more.Check out the price of Nokia 1 (the first device run on Android Go OS
How to Update Mi A1 with Android version 8.0 (Oreo)?
First of all, the users have to update their Mi A1 software version 7.12.19. Only after that, the users will get Android Oreo (version 7.12.29) OTA updates. After installing software version 7.12.19, follow these simple steps:
- First of all, go to the “Settings” menu
- Tap on the “About phone” option there
- After that, you will see “Software update” option on the redirected page, tap on that.
New Features after the updates
- Picture-in-picture mode: This mode works with selected applications like Google Chrome (Stock browser), Google Duo, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Services, Maps, and Youtube. After enabling this mode, you can perform different tasks while watching movies or video chatting with your loved ones. In this mode, the current program will be displaying in inset windows at the same time.
- New notification dots: When you press on an app on your homescreen, you will see more options there
- Background limit: To save battery and data
- Autofill and smart text selection
- Updated and new icons
- Fast reboot
- December Android Security patch
Mi A1 Key Specifications
|Screen Size||5.5-inch (13.9 cms)|
|Display Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Rear Camera||12 MP wide-angle + 12 MP telephoto|
|Front Camera||5 MP|
|CPU Processor||Octa-core upto 2.0 Ghz|
|Operating System||Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)|
Mi A1 comes with a dimensional size of 155.4 x 75.8 x 7.3 mm and weight 165g. The phone is also available in three colors variants i.e Black, Gold, and Rose Gold. It has full metal unibody chassis. The mobile will also receive the Android at least Android P update which should be in rolled out in the year 2017.
This mobile also comes will true unlimited HD Photo storage on Google Photos. So that you can never miss your favorite moments.Click here to check the list of Best upcoming smartphones 2018
Guys, if you find this post helpful or have any suggestion or question regarding the same, let us know in the comment section below. Do stay tuned with onepromocode.com for further updates