Due to the Jio Phone, the interest of people in the feature phone has increased once again. Jio phone is a great and an incredible feature phone with much multimedia functionality. For example, this mobile can connect to your Television, it has My jio apps, Jio TV, Jio Cinema and other apps. It also has built-in Music as well as video player.
The phone is available with a price tag of ₹1500. However, the cost of this phone is “effectively zero” because the whole amount is refundable after the span of 3 years. So you can use your Jio SIM Card in this 4G VoLTE enabled mobile.
If you have got a Jio phone then by now you will be very much impressed with its user interface. But there are many features that cannot be directly accessed. You need to explore many of the settings options to reach them. We have prepared a list of many tips and tricks related to the Jio Phone for your convenience so that you are not having any problem while using the handset.
1. How to Check Software Updates?
The Jio Phone is a feature phone that comes with many smart features. But all these smart features do not work perfectly. The hardware is already present in the handset but the software feature will be provided through the OTA update. If you want to check whether your phone has got software updates or not, follow these simple steps:
- First of all, you have to go to the Settings app
- Now, select the Device tab here
- Then select Device Information
- Now, scroll down to LYF Software Update
- Here, you can get information about OTA updates.
2. How to Stop Browser to Track Your Activities?
Jio Phone’s default web browser records your online activity just like any other browser. You will not get the option to delete your browsing history in the official app. So, what to do now? follow these steps:
- You have to go to the Settings app for this
- After that scroll up to the Privacy & Security tab
- Select the browsing privacy option here
- Here you can remove browsing history and data stored
- You can also tap on “Do Not Track” option which allows you to stop tracking on a website or an app.
3. How to Forward Calls?
If you want to use the Call Forwarding feature on your Jio Phone. Follow:
- Open the call settings in the Network & Connectivity tab
- Now scroll up and reach call forwarding
- Select the option of call forwarding
- To turn this feature on, you also have to give the second number.
4. How to Import Gmail Contacts?
If you already have contacts in your SIM, you can directly copy the contacts to your phone. But if have a Gmail account and you want to import those contacts into your Jio Phone, follow these steps:
- firstly, go to the Contact app
- Then select the settings option on the right-hand side
- After this, scroll down to the bottom and reach the import contacts
- Choose Gmail option here
- After this, you will be asked for the Gmail ID and password
- Fill these pieces of information. After this, the Kai OS will ask you for your permission to access, you have to grant access
- After this, whenever you open your contacts, Google account will appear on your phone. Like other smartphones, you can’t sync your Gmail account again and again. it’s a one time process.
5. How to Setup Lock Screen?
If you want to keep your data personal and want nobody to access your phone. You can set a passcode to your lock screen. For this:
- Open the Settings app
- Now, go to Privacy & Security and select the screen lock
- Choose the option to activate the screen lock here
- After this, the handset will ask you to choose a new screen lock
- After this, you choose a four-digit passcode that you can remember and you are done here.
6. How to Change Interface Language?
Jio phone supports 22 languages. These include other languages like English, Hindi, Marathi, and Bengali. To change language follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Personalization tab on the inside of the Settings app
- After this, scroll to the language option
- Then choose the language of your choice. As soon as you select a new language, the entire interface of the handset will be transformed into that same language.
7. How to Use USB in Jio Phone for Data Storage?
If you won a Jio phone, you will not be able to transfer files from any storage device. Because this feature is not active in default. To enable it:
- Select the Storage tab in Settings
- Then select the USB storage option
- After this, you will be able to transfer the file via USB cable. However, if you have set the passcode to lock the phone, then you have to unlock it to transfer files to the phone
If you like this post or have any suggestion, do tell me in the comment box below. Do stay tuned with onepromocode.com for further updates.