Good News for all the Samsung lovers in India. Samsung is going to launch his mobile payment application which is named as Samsung Pay in India by the mid of the year 2017. As we know due to demonetization people of India are moving toward digital payment system. Paytm Wallet, Freecharge Wallet, Mobikwik Wallet, Jio Money and other payment apps are very popular these days. At this time the release of Samsung Pay in India can be very beneficial for the Samsung Company.
Currently, Samsung Pay is only available in United States Of America and Korea. Samsung Pay is also going to be launched in Malaysia, Russia, and Thailand. Most of all, It supports around 650+ banks currently.
Most noteworthy, You can use your debit card, credit card, gift card, reward cards etc on Samsung Pay app. But Samsung pays app is supported only by Some Samsung devices rather than any other manufacturer. Seems like, It will be supported by other devices also in future.
Samsung Pay App Information
|Requires Android||5.0 and up|
|App Apk Size||25.17 MB|
|Installs||10,000,000 - 50,000,000|
|Updated||November 30, 2016|
|Offered By||Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.|
Samsung pay application combines NFC (Near Field Communication) and MST(Magnetic Secure Transmission) technologies. It is very secure because sensitive data is replaced with unique tokens. Samsung Pay provides good Payment security. As I know, Samsung Knox and ARM TrustZone work together in this to prevent data theft and fraud.
How To Download Samsung Pay App
However, the app is not available in India yet but I will leave a link below to download the same on Google Playstore.
- First of all, Click here to download the Samsung pay app from playstore
- Create a free account using your mobile number and name.
- Now finally, add your credit and debit card for faster payment.
- The app can be used on all the merchant website which are partners with Samsung India.
- As a result, the same can be used as instant payment wallet.
Samsung Pay Supported Devices List
The list of devices which probably support Samsung Pay app are given below.
- Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S7 Active
- Galaxy S7 Edge
- Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S6 Active
- Galaxy S6 Edge
- Galaxy Note5
- Galaxy S6 Edge+
How To Set Up Samsung Pay Application?
- First of All Download and install Samsung Pay App on a compatible device.
- Now start Samsung Pay App and enter your Samsung account information. If You do not have Samsung account then click on sign up and create an account.
- Read all the terms and conditions. After reading click on agree.
- To make your fingerprint as the verification method, Click on Use Fingerprint. If you do not register your fingerprint on your device, you will be given a chance to do.
- If you want to assign four digit Samsung Pay Pin instead of fingerprint then click on skip. If you do not have a Pin then you will require to set up one.
After setting up your Samsung Pay application you will need to add your card details.
How To Add My Debit or Credit Card To Samsung Pay Application?
- Start Samsung pay Application.
- Navigate to Add Card.
- Align your payment card inside the frame. Samsung Pay will automatically detect the card number and expiration date. If your device cannot detect the card information then click on Enter card manually.
- Enter the required information’s and click on NEXT.
- Read all Terms of Service and click on Agree To All.
- To authenticate your identity, touch the desired verification method.
- Furthermore, Enter the OTP and submit.
- In addition, Enter your signature and Save.
- To complete the process, click on Done.
How To Make Payments Using Your Mobile Device
To make the payment using your mobile follow the below-given instructions.
- First of all, Open Samsung Pay application.
- To access your favorite cards, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe to the desired card.
- After that verify your identity using your fingerprint or secret Samsung Pay PIN.
- Now place the back of your device on the card or NFC (Near Field Communication) reader on the payment terminal.
- If your connection is lost or time has elapsed then try scanning the card again by clicking on retry icon. In this process, you will not be required to verify your identity again.
- If needed some merchants or terminals may prompt you to verify the total charges are correct while other will require a signature.
That’s all for now, We hope you like our article. If you have any suggestion or query then let me know in the comment box and don’t forget to rate my post.