Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 has leaked on a Chinese website Weibo. Another successor to last year’s Xiaomi Redmi Pro is about to launch in the markets. This year, the Chinese manufacturer are coming with many different phones with unique features. This phone will also offer some extra features in pocket friendly price range.
Another upcoming phone, Xiaomi Mi 6 is already catching flames for its 90% screen-to-body ratio. Redmi Note 4 is already a huge success, the announcement of Redmi Note 5 release is another good news for the followers. Xiaomi Pro 2 is expected to have the release price of Rs. 15, 600.
This smartphone is expected to launch in the second week of March. Firstly, this phone will be launched in the Chinese markets. Now, in this section, we will discuss about the price of other variants, specifications, highlighted features, core engine and more. Keep reading…
Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 Price and Date
|Mobile Name||Price (Expected)||Date (Expected)|
|Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 (64 GB/ 4 GB)||Rs. 15,600||March 2018|
|Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 (128 GB/ 6 GB)||Rs. 17,600||March 2018|
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 (64 GB/ 4 GB): This variant with 64 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM will be available in the price range of Rs. 15,600. The internal storage capacity can be increased upto 256 GB using a hybrid slot.
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 (128 GB/ 6 GB): This premium variant will have 128 GB internal storage capacity and 6 GB RAM. This phone will cost you Rs. 17,600. We are still waiting for the official announcement for the exact release date.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 Specifications
|Network||Network Mode||2G, 3G, 4G (LTE)|
|Sim Supported||Dual SIM (Dual stand by)|
|Display||Type||LTPS-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Display Size||5.5 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)|
|Platform||Operating System||Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)|
|Memory||Inbuilt Memory||64 GB/ 128 GB|
|RAM||4 GB/ 6 GB RAM|
|Camera||Primary Camera||12 MP, autofocus, LED flash|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion 4500 mAh battery|
|Connectivity||Wifi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
All the above-mentioned specifications are just rumors. No official announcement regarding the features of this phone has been announced till now. Let’s discuss more about these specs.
It will be dual SIM phone with 4G enabled features. A hybrid slot will be provided to upgrade the internal storage capacity. Non-removable Li-Ion 4500 mAh battery will be provided, a good battery, that’s all we need!
Display and Design
It will be a 5.5 Inches screen phone with 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density) screen resolution. If we talk about display type, LTPS (Low Temperature Poly-silicon) AMOLED (Super Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode).
What is LTPS-AMOLED Display?
An AMOLED display consists of an active matrix of OLED pixels generating light (luminescence) upon electrical activation that have been deposited or integrated onto a thin-film transistor (TFT) array, functions as a series of switches to control the current flowing to each individual pixel.
- Back Camera: Primary camera of 12 MP with face detection autofocus quality. Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). LED flash maintains the image quality at night too. Other camera features are 1/2.55″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, and HDR.
- Front Camera: We don’t have the information about the front camera for now. But I will update this section as I get more information about this particular smartphone.
This phone will be provided with Octa-core processor, Snapdragon 66X chipset. Few more things:
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow), one of the advanced version of Android.
- A good combination of powerful processor and RAM.
Other Upcoming Smartphones 2022
Check out my updated post on the other upcoming phones
Guys, if you like this post and find this informative, you can share your views in the comment box. This is all best of my knowledge, but still I do not guarantee that the information in this article is 100% correct. Just hope for the best.