LG G6, the successor of LG G5 is about to join the show. The company can announce the exact launch date of this flagship at the WMC (World Mobile Congress) event on 26 February 2017. Just like Xiaomi Mi 6, this phone is expected to have more than 90% screen-to-body ratio.
LG G6 will be loaded with some of the exciting features like dual camera, waterproof body, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, etc. This phone is expected to launch in the last week of March 2017. Last year (2016) wasn’t said to be a good period for LG manufacturers so the expectations from this phone are high.
This phone is expected to have the launching price of Rs. 48,500. Now, in this section, we will discuss more about the other variants and their prices, specifications, launch date, pros and cons (if any) and more. Keep reading.
LG G6 Price and Date
|Mobile Name||Price (Expected)||Release Date (Expected)|
|LG G6 (64 GB/ 6 GB)||Rs. 48,500||28 March 2017|
|LG G6 (128 GB/ 6 GB)||Rs. 52,500||28 March 2017|
- LG G6 (64 GB): This variant with 64 GB internal storage capacity and 6 GB RAM will cost you around Rs. 48,500. A dedicated slot will be provided to upgrade the memory upto 256 GB using a microSD card.
- LG G6 (128 GB): This premium variant of 128 GB internal storage capacity and 6 GB RAM will have the launching price of Rs. 52,500.
LG G6 Specifications
|Network||Network Mode||2G, 3G, 4G (LTE)|
|Sim Supported||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Display||Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Display Size||5.7 inches|
|Weight||189 g (6.67 oz)|
|Screen Resolution||1440 x 2880 pixels (~565 ppi pixel density)|
|Platform||Operating System||Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821|
|CPU||Quad-core (2x2.35 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)|
|Memory||Inbuilt Memory||64 GB/ 128 GB|
|RAM||6 GB RAM|
|Camera||Primary Camera||Dual 16 MP (29mm, f/1.8) + 16 MP (12mm, f/1.8)|
|Front Camera||12 MP|
|Video Recording||[email protected], [email protected]|
|Battery||Non-removable 3500 mAH Li-Ion battery|
|Connectivity||Wifi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bluetooth||Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|USB OTG||v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
It will run on one the latest Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat). Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 with Quad-core (2x2.35 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) will be the engine of this phone. Adreno 530 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)
All the variants will be available with 6 GB RAM capacity. We don' know much about the battery but it is expected to have enough juice to give a stand by 18 hours.
Impressive Camera Quality
- Back camera: Primary dual camera 16 MP (29mm, f/1.8) + 16 MP (12mm, f/1.8), laser autofocus, OIS (3-axis), LED flash, 1/2.6″ sensor size @ 29mm, 1/2.6″ sensor size @ 12mm, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) for capturing the motioned objects. Dual LED (dual tone) flash maintains the image quality at night too.
- Front Camera: Front facing selfie shooter with 12 MP with no flash.
- IP67 certified – dust and water resistant
- Water-resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
Rivals of LG G6
Guys, if you like this post and find this informative, you can share your views in the comment box. This is all best of my knowledge, but still I do not guarantee that the information in this article is 100% correct. Just hope for the best.