So in this post, I am going to tell you some of the important aspects of IRCTC Next Generation which is developed by Indian Railways. Basically, the traditional way of railway ticket booking system is changed with IRCTC’s Next Generation. IRCTC Next Generation can help you book, cancel, check the status and do reservations anytime.
IRCTC Next Generation is available both on the web as well as in-app format. It’s a cross-platform system that can let you access your account via any browser, Android, iOS as well as Windows mobile. You just need to download the IRCTC Next Generation App on your device to access your account.
Most of all, if you are a new user then you really need to check this post. In this post, I am going to tell you everything about IRCTC Next Generation such as Login, Registration, E-Ticketing, Reservation, etc. So let’s get started with the Registration first.
IRCTC Next Generation Registration Process
The registration process of IRCTC Next Generation is very simple. You just need a mobile number to proceed with the registration process.
- Visit the official registration link of the IRCTC Next Generation page
- First of all, choose any preferred username, password and also some security questions
- Now next step is to fill in your personal details like Name, DOB, Gender, Country, Email, Mobile Number, etc.
- Finally, you need to enter your Residential Address details i.e pin code, city, state, etc
- To complete your registration, Solve the Captcha code and click the “Submit Registration Form” button
- Now, you will receive a welcome SMS on your registered mobile number and an email on your registered ID.
- Your registration is complete now. Let’s talk about the login procedure in the next steps
IRCTC Next Generation Login Process
To log in to your account of IRCTC Next Generation, it’s necessary to keep your account username and password safe with you. You can choose any username while registering, as I have explained above. In addition, this is a cross-platform system so your same username and password can be used in Windows, iOS, and Android app. Let’s check, how to log in to your account in any browser.
- Click here to visit the IRCTC Login Page
- Now you need to enter your username, password, and captcha code correctly.
- Click the “Go” button at the end to login into your account.
- If you forget your login password, then you can click the “forgot password” link.
- After login, you can book e-tickets which I have mentioned the below steps.
IRCTC E-Ticketing or Booking or Reservation
IRCTC allows you to book and cancel tickets anytime you want. Typically, I would recommend everyone to book an IRCTC Next Generation ticket at least 3-4 days before boarding. So let’s understand how to book a ticket successfully. The easiest way to book a ticket is by downloading the IRCTC Next Generation app on your mobile.
By Following the below method, you can easily generate your E-ticket on the IRCTC by doing a Reservation for yourself. Moreover, I prefer IRCTC App over the Web because App is very easy to use and fast too. So let’s get started.
- Download IRCTC Official Android from this link
- Thereafter, open the app and click on the ticket booking option
- Now login with your PIN or username and password, the IRCTC app will enable a secure login connection to its server.
- Search the train with your preferred date of booking along with the boarding and destination station.
- The IRCTC app will list all the available trains on that date. Just tap on your preferred train and book select the reservation class i.e Sleeper, AC3, AC2, AC1, CC, etc. You will also get the price and current waiting list of the following ticket.
- In the very next step, add passengers details as shown on the screen, you can add 3, 4 passengers. You can also pick the birth position option.
- Now finally, when you are done with it. Pay the remaining amount using Paytm wallet or Mobikwik.
- In addition, if you want to check your ticket status from the app, just open the menu and tap “My bookings“.
- On this menu, you will get a brief list of all the old and upcoming booking statuses of IRCTC Next Generation.
How to Check IRCTC Tatkal Booking Timing?
As you know the timings of the Tatkal booking are revised. So, check the IRCTC Tatkal booking timings of 2017, click on the link.
How to Check the IRCTC Reservation Status?
When you book a ticket on the IRCTC Next Generation, you will get a PNR Number. This PNR number will give you the current status of your reservation. However, the exact status will be available just 2 hours before the boarding of your train. You may cancel your ticket even after 1 hour before the train left the station. IRCTC Next Generation will only charge the service fee and will refund all money in your bank account within 3-4 business days.
Click here to check Reservation status via PNR Number
Get Additional IRCTC Offers
Well, with Onepromocode, you will always get something to save. If you want to check the latest IRCTC offers then you can click on the link. The offers are exclusively from Mobikwik and Paytm payment gateway.
Book Ticket Using IRCTC eWallet
This is the easiest and the fastest way to book an E-ticket on the IRCTC site. Register for IRCTC Next Generation eWallet and get latest offers. You can easily book a ticket with fewer cancellation charges easy refund process.
Click here to know more about IRCTC Next Generation eWallet
So guys, Let me know if you want to ask additional questions regarding the IRCTC topic. I would be happy to answer your doubts.