Earlier this week, Google unexpectedly posted the unfinished Files Go app in Play stores in some locations. After that, the company removed the app from Play Store. But now, Google has released a beta version of the application for users. Ceaser Sengupta, Singapore’s Google team member tweeted the link on 9 November 2017 that directs to the same app. Ceaser said, “Looks like some of you found our Files Go Beta :-) We thought we’d make it available for a few more of you on the Play Store. Feedback welcome!”
All the Android users having Android version 5.0 or above can download this app from Play Store. This is a light apk of size less than 6 MB. Files Go is a multifunctional app which allows you to share data offline between two devices. Secondarily, the app tells the users about the lesser used applications also recognizes the spam or duplicate images. So, the functions of this app at a glance are sending files, freeing up space, and recommends you about the lesser used apps.
This application is said to be a replacement of ShareIt. Google Files Go app has a storage tab with a simple card-based interface. In application, you will find cards such as Large files, Duplicate files, Downloaded files, Junk media and App Cache. Now, let’s talk about the functioning of this app and how to download it from Google Play Store.
Google Files Go app Information
|Updated||November 10, 2017|
|Installs||100,000 - 500,000|
|Required Android||5.0 and up|
|Offered By||Google LLC|
How to Download Google Files Go Beta?
- First of all, open Google Play Store and search for the app by the name “Files Go Beta”
- Click on the install button. The size of this app varies from device to device. For my device, the size is 3.49 MB
- You can also download this app from the link download Files Go Beta
How to Use Files Go Beta?
- After downloading it from Google Play Store, launch the app
- After launching this app, you will see a “Trusted Tester Agreement” page, click on the “Agree” button and proceed.
- After this, you will be redirected to the storage tab with a simple card-based interface.
- Here, you will find more options such as App Cache, Large Files, Move Files to SD Card, Duplicate Files, Junk Media, and Get alerts about unused apps.
- When you click on the “Files” option provided below. Here, you will find the options such as Downloads, Received files, Images, Videos, Audio, and Documents.
- Also, you will see “Send” and “Recieve” options here. When you click one of these options for the first time. The app will ask you for your Name.
- Run the same app on your friend’s phone and follow the same procedure to share data.
Recently Launched Google Apps
Also, check out my updated posts on recently launched Google Apps
Guys, if you like this post and if there is any suggestions to add more, kindly comment in the comment box. In this article, I have explained the working but if you find it difficult to understand let me know. I will add more visual information and other stuff.