Digilocker app is developed by MeitY, Government of India to promote paperless governance. DigiLocker app helps you in storing your documents electronically on the government servers. You can upload your government documents on the app and it will save on the cloud servers. The E-documents will save in a standard format and you can access them anytime.
Digilocker app gives you the power to share your documents to any administrator anytime. This process reduces the administrative overhead time and also minimizes the use of paperwork. The authenticity validation of the e-documents become easy as they are directly issued by registered users. In simple words, your government’s ID such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving Licences, Voter ID, School Certificates etc will be saved online in citizen locker, securely.
Finally, the documents can also be digitally signed through the Digilocker app, using the eSign facility. It’s the same process as offline self-attestation. So it’s a less time-consuming process.
DigiLocker App Information
|Requires Android||4.0 and up|
|App Apk Size||19.37 MB|
|Installs||1,000,000 – 5,000,000|
|Updated||June 8, 2017|
|Offered By||MeitY, Government of India|
DigiLocker App Download For Free
Digilocker app is currently available for all android smartphone users. This app is also available on google play store. So I am going to tell you the link to download the Digilocker app and how to use it.
- First of all, download digilocker app from this link for free
- Thereafter, you need to install it and signup for a new account
- Now, enter your mobile number as your primary authentication source, press continue.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile and it will be auto verify as shown in the image.
- Now on the next screen, you need to create a new username and password (with character, symbol, number)
- Now, click signup button and the app will take you to the dashboard where you can upload your documents.
- Get start with uploading your Aadhar card to the app and in addition, other necessary documents too.
Note When you upload any document, it saves in the dedicated India government securely and holds for verification. After fully verified, you can download them back to your phone or share them with any Requester. The issue process may take several days, so be patient.
How Digilocker App Works?
Basically, the app works with three stakeholder system i.e Issuer, Requester, and Citizen.
- Citizen: A citizen is an Indian residence individual, who uploads documents to the Digilocker servers. You just need to take a clean scan copy of these documents.
- Issuer: An issuer is an administrator who validates your documents and issues e-documents to Citizen in a standard format. Also such e-documents available electronically in CBSE, Registrar Office, Income Tax department, etc.
- Requester: Requester requests the secure access of any particular e-documents stored within a repository (e.g. University, Passport Office, Regional Transport Office, etc.)
What’s New on the App
- Added a new dashboard to enable quick access to documents and provide quick links to search Driving License and Vehicle Registration
- The app now allows to Resend OTP in case an OTP is not received in one attempt during the sign-up
- Improved the accessibility support for differently abled users
- Users can now post on Facebook and Twitter from DigiLocker
- New performance updates to cache important information for quick access
- Fixed ‘Could not connect to server’ error