PM Modi launches BHIM App (Bharat Interface for Money), which is an android application. This app was launched by Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India) on 30 December 2016. PM modi Bhim app has already crossed over 50 million download on google playstore so far. After demonetization of Indian currency, finally, an android apk has been launched for cashless transactions. In this application, all payments are done by a secured network of Unified Payment Interface (UPI). Search by the name BHIM UPI in Google Play Store to download this application. This is same application as Phonepe UPI.
The app is developed by National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). By using this app, Indian users can receive or send money through their mobiles by linking their bank accounts. A UPI PIN number will be provided to the user for secure transactions. This app will soon be upgraded to USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) platform.
It’s a multi-language android app said by PM Modi, it makes the use of this application easy and reliable. With the help of this, a user can receive or send money. Linking of one’s bank accounts and balance inquiry are other noteworthy features of this application. Now, I will tell you the technical information as well as the functioning of this application in simple steps.
- 1 PM Modi BHIM App Information
- 2 Questions Based on PM Modi BHIM App
- 2.1 Can I Transfer My Money on Only Banking Hours?
- 2.2 I Have No Internet in My Area, Can I still use the UPI service?
- 2.3 Do I Need a Bank Account to Use Bhim App?
- 2.4 My Money is Debited From My Bank but Not Transferred to Another Account?
- 2.5 My Friend has Not Join BHIM App, Can I Send him/her Money?
- 2.6 My Transaction is Keep on Failing, What to Do?
- 2.7 How To Secure My Bhim App?
- 2.8 How does Bhim App help to Decrease Corruption?
- 3 How PM Modi Bhim App Works?
- 4 How To Use BHIM Offline (Without Internet)?
- 5 Problems You May Face
PM Modi BHIM App Information
|Requires Android||4.2 and up|
|APK Size||2.46 MB|
|Installs||10,000,000 - 50,000,000|
|Updated||April 13, 2017|
|Offered By||National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)|
Alert: There are so many duplicate applications of BHIM app in Google Playstore. So only download the BHIM app from our above link or from below playstore link. If you download the fake app, your account may be hacked for some reason.
Questions Based on PM Modi BHIM App
Below is the list of frequently asked questions on Bhim app, that you must know?
Can I Transfer My Money on Only Banking Hours?
No, in fact, you can transfer your money 24X7 from your money irrespective of banking hours.
I Have No Internet in My Area, Can I still use the UPI service?
Yes, UPI works with the USSD Code, which is same as checking your mobile balance. Just dial *99# from your dial-pad and follow the steps i have explained below.
Do I Need a Bank Account to Use Bhim App?
Yes and its compulsory for all. The transaction always carried forward to the bank account. In addition, your bank should have UPI service enabled on their end. All the UPI enabled banks are listed below, please scroll down a bit.
My Money is Debited From My Bank but Not Transferred to Another Account?
This happens due to the technical problem. On every successful transaction, generally you will receive a SMS notification but if the beneficiary account is not credited with the transferred amount then wait. Either the money will be automatically refunded to you or contact customer support of you bank.
Please Note: The refund process will take up to 1 hour, so till then be patient.
My Friend has Not Join BHIM App, Can I Send him/her Money?
Of course, but keep in mind that you have to select Payment method as IFSC, Account number or MMID, Mobile number.
My Transaction is Keep on Failing, What to Do?
This happens due to the obvious three reasons
- Maybe, You are using invalid UPI PIN Passcode
- Probably, You don’t have sufficient cash on your bank account
- Change the transfer method to IFSC instead of mobile number.
How To Secure My Bhim App?
In online transaction, security is the most important factor. So as per my experience i will give you some free tips to secure your wallet.
- The best recommendation is “never ever share your UPI pin to the third person“
- Keep your register number safe with you, never hand your SIM to any other.
How does Bhim App help to Decrease Corruption?
As PM modi suggested, If you go cashless then it will decrease hoarding it means that there will be less black money in market. This will be helpful for our country to become corrupt free nation.
How PM Modi Bhim App Works?
BHIM app is named after B.R Ambedkar and released on Friday 30th of December 2016. That is why PM Modi suggest this name for this UPI app. The app will allow you to send money through dialing *99# (i have explained below) but the service is yet to launch. But maybe i think that the service is probably working right now. So first read my below steps carefully.
- First of all, download the application from Google Play Store and run it.
- Firstly the application will ask you to choose your language. This app is available in both English and Hindi. After choosing your language, click on next.
- You will be redirected to a page, where the brief description of this app will be showing. This app is Secure, Simple, and Superfast for all your payments. After that the app will ask you for your permission ‘Allow us to access’.
- In the next step just verify your mobile number and move on to the next step.
- Now, you will have to choose a 4 digit Passcode. Enter the Passcode and register it.
- The next step is to choose your bank account. I will tell you the supported banks by this application, for that keep on reading.
- The app will automatically fetch your bank account information, just tick the selected bank account and you will be redirected to the home page.
- Now you have full access to this application. You can check your profile and can generate QR code. You can download this code as well as can send to others for further transactions.
Which are the Supported Banks?
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Central Bank of India
- DCB Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
How To Use BHIM Offline (Without Internet)?
You can easily use the app to see your transaction history without having any LTE band (4G voLTE) , HSDPA (3G), or even GSM (2G) networks. In the history of Indian money transfer, i have never seen such a huge progress.
Using money transfer from the offline mode is actually quite simple as you can use it with USSD.
- Open your mobile’s dial pad and start dialing *99# from any operators like airtel, idea, reliance, BSNL.
- Now you will see a bunch of options as I have shown in below screenshot. Such as Send Money, Request Money, Check Balance, My Profile, Pending Requests, Transactions, UPI PIN.
- So select any option you link by dialing the respective serial numbers of the options.
- In my case, i have selected Send Money option which gave me options to transfer money to Mobile Number, Payment address, Save Beneficiary, IFSC (Indian Financial System Code), account no. and MMID (Mobile Money Identification Number).
- So test it out on your own to learn more and avail benefits of offline UPI transactions.
Problems You May Face
I will keep you updated with the latest information. This is all the information available regarding this application for now. Let me know if you liked PM modi bhim app or not. If you find this article interesting and informative, feel free to share your views in the comment box. If there is any question or query or want me to add more, kindly inform me.